Michael Steinman's Profile (Edit)
- BS - UC Davis - Avian Sciences - 2004
- MS - UC Davis - Avian Sciences - 2007
- Systemic and behavioral neuroendocrinology; reproductive physiology; neurobiological basis of depression.
Research Interest Summary
- Sex differences in the involvement of oxytocin and arginine vasopressin in social withdrawal.
- Steinman, M. Q., Crean, K. K. & Trainor, B. C. (2010). Photoperiod interacts with food restriction on performance in the Barnes maze in female California mice. Eur J Neurosci. Accepted
- Steinman, M. Q. & Trainor, B. C. (2010) Rapid Effects of Steroid Hormones on Animal Behavior. Nature Education Knowledge 1(10):1
- Siopes, T.D., Millam, J.R. & Steinman, M.Q. (2010) Initiating egg production in turkey breeder hens: Thyroid hormone involvement. Poult Sci, 89, 2265-2272.
- Steinman MQ, Dinius SC, Siopes TD, Millam JR. Photostimulated expression of type 2 iodothyronine deiodinase mRNA is greatly attenuated in the rostral tuberal hypothalamus of the photorefractory turkey hen. J Neuroendocrinol. 2008 Nov;20(11):1260-9.